Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Sugar Scrub

Since my fingers are always inked up (by the way that is a good thing!!). I thought I would make up a scrub and put it next to the sink so it is always handy and ready to exfoliate and moisturize my hands. This is good for the body too! In this recipe I used olive oil but I suppose there are many other oils that are just as good. Jojoba oil is another favorite of mine as is grapeseed oil.















Supplies:
Clean empty jar
Olive oil
Brown sugar
White sugar (I used cane sugar)
Essential oil of your choice (I like EO of grapefruit and EO of Lemon)
Stir stick
















Preparation:
I don't like to make large quantities so I use a pint size jar. Add 1/4 cup of brown sugar and a 1/4 cup of white sugar to the jar. Fill with olive oil. Add a few drops of essential oil (6-10) of your choice.  Mix thoroughly with your stir stick (I use a popsicle stick or a tongue depressor) and that's it... scoop up some of the scrub in your hand and apply it to wet skin, working in a circular motion. The heat from water melts the sugar after you've scrubbed for several seconds. Once finished, give yourself a final rinse, and dry off! Some of my favorite scent combinations are:
Orange/Vanilla
Sandalwood/Peppermint
Lavendar/Rosewood
Lemon



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...