Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spicy Tuscan Soup

You will find this delicious soup all over the internet! I think every recipe blog has tried this soup and reviews are unanimous! DELICIOUS!! I can't remember where I originally came across the recipe but Brenda has posted this recipe on her blog Brenda'sCanadian Kitchen. Brenda has a fabulous blog and if I'm searching for a recipe, I will usually head on over there first! The recipe is supposedly a copycat of an Olive Garden recipe. I haven't tried the soup at the restaurant so I can't compare. Trust me though, it's very good. Hubby loves it and he says.... "this is a keeper, you can make it anytime"




















Ingredients:
1 pound spicy breakfast sausage (I used spicy thai sausage from our local grocer)
1 whole medium red onion, diced
3 slices bacon, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 1/4 lbs.), peeled and sliced (I used 3 Idaho potatoes)
6 cups chicken broth
4 cups loosely packed Kale, cleaned
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Crumble sausage into a dutch oven over medium-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain and set the sausage aside. Chop onions and dice bacon; add to the Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and cook until onions soften and bacon begins to crisp. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.

Slice pototoes in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Add chicken broth and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost done.

Add the sausage and kale and let simmer for another 5 minutes or until kale is wilted and soft. Add heavy cream, simmer for 5 minutes, but don't boil. Serve immediately.

Brenda has a wonderful Buttermilk Herb Bread recipe to compliment this soup.

Enjoy!
If you try the recipe; leave a comment and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...