Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Autumn Halloween Time!!

Falloween... I know it's not really a word, but I like it!




















Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. To me it is a time for renewal, and it is a time to reflect on what may lie ahead. I especially enjoy early autumn when it’s still warm out but you can feel a little chill in the air. I like being able to put on a light sweater, seeing the leaves change, and feeling cozy in my bed at night with a comforter on top of me and immersed in a good book or my iphone!

You know that excited feeling in the pit of your stomach that you get when you're a little kid and Christmas is just around the corner? Yeah, that's how I feel for the whole month of October which leads into Thanksgiving and then Christmas!! I love Halloween. I love the candy. I love the dressing up. (I don't like the frightening things about Halloween though). I get really, really into Halloween -- decorating, baking, making cards and tags -- so once fall comes around, it's a signal for the most wonderful time of the year to begin!




















Where I live, the summers are very hot and winter is way too cold for my taste. Fall, however, is perfect. Sometimes I will walk outside and think to myself, "This weather could not possibly be more perfect." the perfect mix of sun and clouds and slight chill to create the best weather ever. While I often miss the lazy days of summer spent at the lake, nothing can compare with the perfect temperatures and soft breeze of an autumn afternoon. I love the smell of fall and the bright orange and red color of the leaves as they fall to the ground from the trees or walking outside and hearing the crunching leaves underfoot. I love the taste and the smell of apples, including hot apple cider, apple pies, and caramel apples. I love the fall town fairs.
























Some of my favorite foods come out in full force this time of year. Apples are at their best when it's fall. They are delicious by themselves or in a pie. And, even more important than apples is candy corn. Love a bag of fresh Brach's candy corn! Since I don't eat these any other time of the year, they feel like an extra special fall treat!



















photo courtesy of flicker




















I know everyone might not share their affection for autumn, but no matter what the season, it's important to enjoy the moment. Whether it's fall or spring or winter or summer, remember to take time to enjoy! Seasons come and go -- they all come back around again -- but each and every one is worth paying attention to. Enjoy them while they last!


What is YOUR favorite season and how do you celebrate?
Feel free to share in the comments section!

Christina, xo

6 comments:

  1. Awww...what a beautiful post, Christina! I love all of our wonderful seasons but definitely have a fondness for fall! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contain very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contains very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...