Thursday, October 2, 2014

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn


Fall is upon us here in Beautiful BC. As I sit here looking at out the window watching the sun shine it's way through the tree branches and noticing an occasional leaf float from a tree to the ground I'm feeling nostalgic. I can't help but think back to my youth, walking home from school and hearing the crunching of leaves beneath my shoes. I really do love this time of year.

Top ten why I love Autumn!

1. Seasonal Superfoods
2. Halloween
3.Thanksgiving
4. Bathingsuit season is over.
5. No Humidity
6. Warm fires
7. Hockey
8. New Styles
9. New Starbucks flavored coffee
10. My favorite shows are back on TV!!

How about you: Why is this your favorite time of year?

As always, thanks for visiting by blog ♥
Christina

















Come, Little Leaves
by George Cooper

“Come, little leaves,”
Said the wind one day,
“Come over the meadows
With me, and play;
Put on your dresses
Of red and gold;
Summer is gone,
And the days grow cold.”

Soon as the leaves
Heard the wind’s loud call,
Down they came fluttering,
One and all;
Over the meadows
They danced and flew,
Singing the soft
Little songs they knew.

Dancing and flying
The little leaves went;
Winter had called them
And they were content-
Soon fast asleep
In their earthy beds,
The snow laid a soft mantle
Over their heads.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Christina! That poem is fabulous! Is it okay if I use that for something? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course Nancy! And thank you! ♥ †

      Delete
    2. Thank you, and you're welcome! :o)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...