Monday, February 8, 2010

Decoupage Project

I picked this vase along with several others at the Thrift Store. I also found some Hymn books at the Thrift Store that I will use to decoupage my vase. See how it turned out below!















I cut out various sizes and shapes or rather than cut the pieces with scissors you could tear the pieces up which is what I did with some of them. The smaller the pieces the easier it is to glue onto a round surface.
















With a small foam brush paint the back of the paper with Mod Podge (I used high gloss Mod Podge) and stick the paper onto your surface.



I used my fingers to smooth out any wrinkles.

Here is the finished vase. It is quite pretty. I also added some ribbon and buttons to add some color to it. Thanks to Jessica Jones at http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/ for the great idea!

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...