Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bran Muffins

Make Ya Go Bran Muffins
( hey, that's what the recipe title says! lol )
The body needs fiber....

It' snowing AGAIN here in the beautiful South Shuswap (shoe-swap) So, what's a girl to do! Business is slow and I'm just down right lazy!! I lost the belt thingy to my sweat pants in the wash, so now my waist line can expand from here to China! I'm not a breakfast kind of gal. Just a cuppa joe and a........... Bran Muffin! These muffins are tasty and moist, not dry and cough cough cough!

I purchased this cookbook on Amazon called How it all Vegan and so far I am loving every recipe I have tried. Not one recipe has disappointed me yet. That's good right!

The only change I made to the recipe was replace the *sweetener with brown sugar.

Ingredients:
3 cups bran (I used Kellogg's)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 sweetener
2 tbsp. molasses ( mine were over-flowing)
1/2 oil ( I used canola)
1 1/2 - 2 cups water ( I used 1/2 water 1/2 apple juice)
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 raisins or dates

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together the bran, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add the sweetener, molasses, oil, water, vinegar, and raisins. Stir together until 'just mixed.' Spoon into lightly oiled muffin tins. bake for 35-45 minutes (use a fork to see if done) I pulled mine out of the oven in 35 minutes. Makes 6-8 muffins.
I made 12 muffins!

*an alternative to sugar is: Maple syrup, Cane sugar, Date sugar, Barley malt, Fruit juice concentrate





Are they done yet!






 
















































Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...