Wednesday, June 5, 2013

the "Little" things


It’s just the little homey things,
The unobtrusive, friendly things,
The “won’t-you-let-me-help-you”things
That make our pathway light-
And it’s just the jolly, joking things,
The “never-mind-the-trouble”things,
The “laugh-with-me, it’s funny”things
That make the world seem bright.

For all the countless famous things,
The wondrous, record-breaking things
Those “never-can-be-equaled” things
That all the papers cite,
Aren’t like the little human things,
The everyday-encountered things,
The “just-because-I-like-you” things
That make us happy quite.

So here’s to all the simple things,
The dear “all-in-a-day’s-work” things
The “smile-and-face-your-troubles” things,
Trust God to put them right!
The “done-and-then-forgotten” things,
The “can’t-you-see-I-love-you” things,
The hearty “I-am-with-you” things
that make life worth the fight.

Author Unknown
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...