Monday, May 3, 2010

Decoupage Project

My decoupage project started with an mini cabinet that I picked up at the thrift shop. I cut out designs from magazines, paper, or other flat material, then applied the cutouts to the surface with Mod Podge.


















I removed all hardware and the Plexiglas in the doors.


I used a little Black & Decker palm sander to sand the cabinet and doors. Then I put on one coat of white paint, let it dry and then with fine sand paper gave it a once over. I put on one light coat of black paint, let it dry a bit and sanded it lightly again. This gave it an aged look.



















Then I adhered vintage images with Mod Podge.







































Finished!!
It turned out so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...